Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I Do Not Want To Clean My Room

So usually Mom bugs me about doing stuff. Sometimes it's homework which I procrastinate on, but more often than not it's to clean my room. I do not want to clean my room, it is messy and I like it that way. Some people don't believe me but truly, I prefer it. There are some other reasons why I don't want to clean my room, and all of them are very valid and normal reasons. Most of you will probably identify with one or the other as you continue to read.

1) I like my room the way it is. I've already said this. I'm comfortable in it, it generally does not hurt me, and we have a very healthy relationship. It wants to be messy. It's not like it's uninhabitable.

2) I know where everything is. It sounds ridiculous, I know, but if I put something on the floor by my dresser, I know when I get back it's still going to be right there on the floor near my dresser. Yes I could put it in my desk drawer but the point is, if I'm going to know where it is anyway it's far more accessible if it's on the floor outside my dresser than it would be hidden inside my desk drawers.

3) It's really fun to take bounding leaps over piles of things to jump into bed.

4) I never sit around in my super comfy chair being lazy - know why? Because my super comfy chair is where my clean laundry stays in nice folded piles until I have time to put it in my dresser. And the back of my super comfy chair is where I keep various sweatshirts/jackets/purses.

5) There is no way the monsters can get out of my closet, because unless I'm going into my closet it remains blocked by heavy boxes full of papers. This is a very important safety precaution.

6) Likewise, if a rapist ever tries to sneak into my room at night, he will fall over piles of books and yarn and break his leg before he gets to me. It's really for my own safety that I leave my room messy...

7) Cleaning takes more time than I have time for. I have a life and lots of things to do. Cleaning my room at this point would take hours, probably days. No thank you.

8) I have some really good opposite feng shui going on here, and changing the cleanliness would mean a major overhaul to make my room full of the "right" energy.

9) Cleaning my room would mean accepting the fact that my mother is "right" when she says it's better clean. Nope. It's better messy. I'm going to hold on to this.

10) If there is a fire, I do have an escape route through my room. I am perfectly capable of navigating and getting out. So don't worry it's not a hazard.

11) It's none of your business or her business if my room is perfectly organized or not.

12) I saw this on a t-shirt once, and after this I don't need any more reasons. Organized people are just too lazy to look for things.

And of course now I'm being told I have to clean my room so I'm being kicked off the computer so I can't write you more reasons why I don't want to clean the room I have to go clean.

This is ridiculous. I'll write you a better post tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment