Sunday, January 9, 2011

Dear Wireless Internet

Dear Wireless Internet,

How dare you? You cop out at all the wrong times - when I'm in the middle of compulsively refreshing my stats page to see if anyone is actually reading this blog, when I'm in the middle of an important discussion that needs to be taken seriously and then the other person thinks I'm mad at them, when I'm working on a deadline, when I'm trying to do my college supplements (because I haven't finished all of those yet...go me!)

But today - today was the worst, and I'm afraid you have no excuse. Today has convinced me that you are in fact out to get me, and nothing I can say or do will fix this relationship. I am sitting at the dining room table. No more than two yards away from the modem for the internet. And then I become aware of a problem. My stats page isn't loading. Nor is my friend responding in my conversation.

What could the deal be?? Twitter isn't working either, so I retreat into crisis mode. And then I see it - the telltale red x down at the bottom right of the screen next to the battery icon. The wireless is malfunctioning. But I am so. Close. To. The. Modem. There is NO way it could be any kind of a connection error. Because it's RIGHT THERE.

Oh wireless, why do you hate me so much? What did I ever do to you? Aside from this one angry post I have never been mean to you, usually I try to be patient with you when you have your senior moments. I know you've been our modem for years now but that's no excuse for breaking on me. Because see the thing is, I need you to survive. Internet is my connection to the world. I'm not so sure I'll be okay if you break. Or else I'll just have to start spending a lot more time at the library.

So please, Wireless, stop malfunctioning and just give me my internet...

Love,
Margaret

No comments:

Post a Comment